After every post, this plugin will list other posts on the same day from other years. Options include adjusting the number of posts to show, changing the sort order, the header text, hiding password protected posts, and more.
- Latest Release (For WordPress 2.0 through 2.8+)
- Download the above file, rename it from .txt to .php, and upload it to your plugins directory
- Enable the plugin
- Configure the plugin options (under DDThisDay)
- Test it out by viewing a post. Of course for it to display anything, there must be at least one other post with the same month and day as the one you are looking at
- 09-22-07 Version 1.4 – Option added to hide password protected posts (they were hidden by default before). Non-published posts no longer show up in the list. Added ‘Load Default Options’ button.
- 05-16-07 Version 1.3 – Updated for WordPress 2.2
- 04-07-07 Version 1.2 – Updated for WordPress 2.1
- 01-02-07 Version 1.1 – Modified to only list posts
- 04-04-06 Version 1.0 – First release
This plugin will not display anything (not even the specified header text) if there are no matching posts. So if it does not seem to be working, make sure you are viewing at a post that has other posts on the same day.
Here are the options available in this plugin’s options page in the WordPress admin panel.
Max posts to show
This allows you to set a limit on the number of posts that will be displayed. Set this to 0 for no limit.
You can choose to list newest or oldest posts first.
This will be shown before the list of posts.
Show other posts from today
Enabling this will show other posts from the exact same date as the post being viewed (otherwise it will only check other years).
Show the year
If enabled, this will show the post year after each post in the list.
Hide password protected posts
If enabled, password protected posts will not show up in the list.