This plugin uses the built-in scheduling feature of WordPress to periodically take a draft post and publish it. You can define the time between occurrences, and choose to have it publish the oldest draft each time, or a random draft. By default, it publishes drafts in any category, but you can define one, or multiple, categories for it to take the drafts from. You can also choose to only publish a draft if it has been more than a set number of hours since the last post
- Latest Release (For WordPress 2.1 through 2.8+)
- Download the above file, rename it from .txt to .php, and upload it to your plugins directory
- Enable the plugin
- Configure the plugin options (under DDSchedDraft)
- Click the ‘Enable Draft Publish’ button to start
Disabling the Schedule
To stop the schedule, simply click the ‘Disable Draft Publish’ button on the options page.
- 07-07-09 Version 1.31 – Added option to only publish a draft if it has been a set number of hours since the last post was added.
- 02-22-09 Version 1.3 – Updated to work better in recent WordPress versions. Log file support added, and several other updates. Can also shift posts when no drafts are available. (version number skip is intentional)
- 08-28-08 Version 1.0 – First release.
Here are the options available in this plugin’s options page in the WordPress admin panel.
Draft Publish Delay
This is the number of hours between the publishing of drafts. The schedule will start as soon as you click the ‘Enable Draft Publish’ button.
Only Publish after X Hours
If used, a draft will only be published automatically if it has been more than this many hours since the last post was added.
If left blank, the plugin will operate on all of your posts. If you enter a comma-separated list of category ID’s, it will only publish drafts in those categories.
If enabled, the plugin will publish a random draft each time the schedule runs. If disabled, it will publish the oldest draft each time.
If checked, the oldest published post will be re-published as a new post,
ONLY if there are no drafts left to publish.
Full path on your server where you would like the log saved. You can leave this specific to this blog, or set up a global log for multiple blogs. Leave blank to disable this feature. Be sure to give this file write-access