This plugin prevents subscribers from viewing the WordPress admin panel located at /wp-admin/. They are instead shown a custom message that you specify, as well as an optional logout link. You can use HTML tags and CSS in your message to style it any way you choose. Logged in users who have more access than subscribers are shown the standard admin panel.
- Latest Release (For WordPress 2.5 through 2.8+)
- 07-09-09 Version 1.1 – Fixed issue with logging out on newer WP versions. Fixed output of custom messages with the stripslashes function.
- 08-20-08 Version 1.0 – First release.
- Download the above file, rename it from .txt to .php, and upload it to your plugins directory.
- Enable the plugin.
- View the plugin’s options page (under Settings -> DDHideAdmin) to configure your message.
If you would like to provide a logout link on the page, simply place the word LOGOUT where you would like it to appear (this keyword is case-sensitive) and the link will be generated.