This WordPress plugin automatically emails the admin when a new draft is saved. The email contains the post’s title, the author, and a link. There is no options page currently, because there is really nothing to configure. The plugin now supports the new ‘pending’ status.
- Latest Release (For WordPress 2.0 through 2.8+)
- Download the above file, rename it from .txt to .php, and upload it to your plugins directory.
- Enable the plugin.
- 07-01-09 Version 1.22 – You can now choose to send the emails to all users on or above a certain level (eg: editors).
- 04-27-08 Version 1.21 – Updated to work with WordPress 2.5 and the ‘pending’ status.
- 05-16-07 Version 1.2 – Updated to work with WordPress 2.2.
- 10-20-06 Version 1.1 – The emails now contain the author’s name, instead of ID.
- 04-22-06 Version 1.0 – First release.
Because of the way this plugin works, it also sends out an email when an existing draft has been saved again – This includes auto-saves. A solution to this is being researched.
By default, the author’s display_name is shown in the email. If you would prefer to see the login_name, or nice_name field, just look for the line in the script that says “Choose one of the following options to show the author’s name” and uncomment the option you would like to use.
Changing the user level for notifications
In the script, look for this line:
$email_user_level = 7;
This tells the script to send notification emails to anyone on, or above, that user level. Just change this for your particular needs.