This WordPress plugin allows you to generate a list of posts separated by category. You can choose to display all categories, or just those you select. You can also exclude categories. Under each category heading, the posts are sorted by date, with the most recent first. Additionally, the date for each post is shown next to the link. This plugin is really just a simplified version of my sitemap generator plugin, for those who just need something basic.
- Latest Release (For WordPress 2.3 through 2.8+)
- 02-17-09 Version 1.2 – Added option to exclude categories
- 08-24-08 Version 1.01 – Category issue fixed
- 08-20-08 Version 1.0 – First release
- Download the above file, rename it from .txt to .php, and upload it to your plugins directory.
- Enable the plugin.
- View the plugin’s options page (under Settings -> DDArchivesSelCats)
To use the plugin, simply add the following text to your post or page:
<!-- ddarchivesbycat -->
Important: Make sure you add this using the html/code editor in WordPress, not the visual editor. In new versions of WordPress, just click the ‘html’ button above the edit box. If you use the visual editor it will not work, as the actual code you entered will be seen on the page, instead of being processed by the script.
Just enter a comma-separated list of the category IDs you would like to display the posts from. If you leave this option blank, all categories will be shown.
You can also specify a comma-separated list of category IDs you would like to exclude.
As mentioned above, this is really just an extremely basic version of my sitemap generator plugin. If you would like added functionality and more features, I recommend that you use it instead.